Bludgeon (Game Jam Version)
A downloadable game for Windows, macOS, and Linux
Bludgeon is a death match between two bird-riding knights wielding flails. The goal is to knock your opponent into the spikes. You can face off against an AI opponent or a friend. This game was made during a month long game jam themed "sports which could never exist".
Controllers are highly recommended for this game, but you can use the keyboard as well. It's configured to work with Xbox 360 controllers out of the box, but I believe you should be able to use other controllers by using the input configuration when starting the game. Here are the controls:
- Move player (or swing flail when wielding flail) - D-pad
- Flap wings - A
- Wield flail - Left or right shoulder button
Player 1 Keyboard:
- Move player (or swing flail when wielding flail) - Arrow keys
- Flap wings - /
- Wield flail - .
Player 2 Keyboard:
- Move player (or swing flail when wielding flail) - r, d, f, g
- Flap wings - s
- Wield flail - a
Other things to note:
- When wielding the flail, you get less of a boost from your bird flapping its wings. You also cannot control your player's direction when you're wielding the flail, since the directional controls are then used to swing the flail.
- If you keep your flail out for long enough, it will charge up for more knockback.
- If you pull out your flail but don't swing it immediately, you'll gain a shield for a brief instant.
- Hold down while not wielding the flail to increase gravity's acceleration on you. This can help keep you from getting knocked into the top of the screen.
- I've only had the chance to test the Windows build so far, but hopefully the Mac and Linux versions will work as well.
Leave a comment
Log in with your itch.io account to leave a comment.